IGTV is a relatively new feature added to the Instagram app, so there are many possibilities of what to publish for that specific feature to attract a lot of attention. Here, we have attached a list of “good” or “bad” techniques that will help spotlight your IGTV followings.
- Using relevant hashtags, keywords, or phrases that will help with SEO in Instagram
- Create longer content to emphasize and go into better detail on the features than a standard advertisement would
- Engage with the audience and creating a schedule so that the audience is aware of any upcoming events and news
- Not adjusting your videos to fit within the parameters of IGTV-appropriate. For example, YouTube uses a more horizontal video landscape. If you directly upload a video from YouTube on Instagram, the video would look out of place since IGTV uses a more vertical format for their videos. To resolve this issue, rotate the video 90 degrees before uploading it on IGTV.
- Make your IGTV content different from your regular Instagram content so that your followers would know the difference and would be able to detect IGTV content.