Looking forward to the now open Dodger Stadium for the 2021 season? Here are some of the most useful tips that helped when our very own intern visited the ballpark for the first time.
- Download and check out the Gametime app on either iOS App store or the Google Play store. You can find cheaper tickets and see which days the stadium might be giving out free items.
- Using the Gametime app allowed me to see that the stadium would be giving out free Snapback caps!
- Bring either a small bag the size of a fanny pack or a clear see through bag.
- You may be able to find people selling bags outside Dodger stadium if you forgot to bring one.
- You CAN bring food but no alcohol.
- Non-alcoholic beverages must be in factory-sealed plastic bottles
- Refillable water bottles are permitted provided they do not exceed 1 liter, are empty, and do not have any glass components. <br>
Speaking of food, make sure you decide beforehand if you plan on purchasing snacks such as the famous Dodger Dog at a concession stand or if you would prefer bringing something small.
- Consider arriving an hour early to buy food or drinks.
- The lines can get long and at popular restaurants like Shake Shack can have a wait up to 20-30 minutes
- Centerfield Pavilion has seasonal foods where visitors can try a variety of delicious food such as BBQ Ribs, Shake Shack, Asian food, etc.
- If you do not want to miss a potential homerun, consider using the Postmates app to save time to buy dodger items such as dodger dogs, fountain drinks or ICEE, and snacks like peanuts!
- When your order is ready, you can pick it up at a Postmates stand.
So how about transporting yourself to and from the stadium? Well you have a couple options ranging from driving your own vehicle, Uber, or taking the shuttle that they provide at Union Station.
- Purchase parking for your vehicle ahead of time online as it will be cheaper.
- In advance: $20
- At the gate: $25
- Uber directly to the stadium
- Shuttle from union station to Dodger Stadium
- The Dodger Stadium Express is FREE. The Union Station service uses a dedicated bus lane on Sunset Boulevard from Union Station to Vin Scully Avenue. Dodger Stadium Express boards near the Taxi Zone/Imperial Brewery on the Southwest side of Union Station. Buses run every 10 minutes, starting 90 minutes before game time.